Advice from Graduating Communication Studies Majors
1. Get to know your professors. Talk to them after class. See them during office hours.
2. Keep everything (i.e., papers, projects, workbooks, etc.) for future classes and your portfolio!
3. Know how to compute your GPA.
4. Schedule early.
Liberal Arts Advice
5. Start thinking about your career options early. Research options for Communication Studies graduates.
6. Research classes before you take them. Take classes relevant to your career goals.
7. Take a public speaking class. Take orientation courses.
8. Consider a minor that will help your career.
9. Get involved in extra-curricular activities, campus activities, and volunteering.
10. Do your internship early. Do two if possible.
11. Get work experience related to what you want to do when you graduate.
12. Visit the Career Services Center.
Specific Advice for our Majors
13. Remember to put in an application BEFORE the end of the semester that
you complete 203 and 201.
14. Don’t take too many Comm hours (only 42 can count toward graduation).
Remember: Take responsibility for your own graduation. No one has more of a vested interest in your graduation than you! Learn everything you need to graduate. Know your options.